Extensive Release Notes:
Full Blog Entry HERE.
Romulans are well-known as being the masters of cloaking technology. All Romulan Warbirds come equipped with a Romulan Battle Cloaking device, allowing them to enter and exit cloaking even while in combat. (Note that not all small craft come with these; see below.)
Additionally, Romulans come with a Subterfuge racial trait. Subterfuge makes their ships harder to detect while cloaked, increases the damage bonus they receive when exiting cloaking, and provides them with a small passive bonus to Defense, allowing them to avoid enemy attacks more easily.
Singularity Warp Cores
Singularity Warp Cores are equipped on all Romulan ships and provide them with powerful, additional Singularity abilities. As a player unlocks higher tier Romulan vessels, they will gain access to more and more Singularity abilities.
Singularity abilities are fueled by Singularity Power. Warbirds will have a Singularity Power gauge with five levels. Using any Singularity ability consumes all remaining Singularity Power, and the effectiveness of the ability used scales based on the amount of power that was consumed. After a Singularity ability is used, your Singularity Power gauge will go offline for limited time before you can begin to recharge your Singularity Power.
More details on the Singularity mechanic are coming in a full blog, but this should provide you with a basic idea of how some of the consoles and abilities described below will work.
With the upcoming addition of the Romulan faction, and their use of singularity warp cores, it appears that Cryptic has decided that it’s a good time to introduce Warp cores as a new ship item. From the Tribble release notes :
- All ships in the game now have a Warp Core slot.
- All KDF and Starfleet vessels use Matter/Antimatter Warp Cores.
- The way in which Warp Speed in Sector Space is calculated has been updated.
- It is now based off the level of your ship’s Warp Core, instead of off your captain level.
- Additionally, the scale of Warp Speed throughout the game has been recalculated to allow players to go faster in Sector Space but maintain Warp 10 as the fastest displayed non-Transwarp speed.
- A speed that previously displayed as Warp 7 now displays as Warp 5, but is actually the same speed.
- This means captains moving at Warp 10 will now reach their destinations more quickly than they could before.
- Warp Cores of every rarity now drop from space combat throughout the game. As your Warp Core increases in rarity, it gains additional pools of possible enhancements to add to your ship.
- All Matter/Anti-Matter Warp Cores increase the Maximum power of either Shields, Engines, or Auxiliary by 5.
- Uncommon quality Warp Cores add a bonus of 15 to an Engineering-related skill.
- There are six possible enhancements you can receive on a green warp core:
- Driver Coil
- Starship Batteries
- Warp Core Efficiency
- Subsystem Repair
- Electro-Plasma Systems
- Starship Engine Performance
- There are six possible enhancements you can receive on a green warp core:
- Rare quality Warp Cores add a synergy bonus between one power system and another.
- For example, one possible Rare enhancement will give you bonus Weapon power equal to a percentage of your current Engine power.
- There are twelve possible enhancements at the Rare level.
- Very Rare quality Warp Cores add a new power to your useable powers, a Capacitor.
- Capacitor powers function as reusable batteries that don’t occupy a device slot, but have a longer cooldown and lower magnitude of effect than a standard battery.
- There are four enhancements at the Very Rare level, one for each battery type.
- Mk XI and XII Warp Cores of all qualities gain one additional travel-related enhancement that increases the usefulness of your Slipstream or Transwarp abilities.
- A selection of Warp Cores can be purchased from Energy Credit vendors in most social hubs, as well as through the Dilithium store.
- All told, the Warp Core slot is designed to add a lot of choice in how you configure your ship’s power settings and Engineering abilities.
- There are tens of thousands of possible cores out there to find and use, and tons of new builds to make with them, so good luck and happy hunting!
The Romulan Faction has arrived!
Play as a Romulan or Reman and immerse yourself in new story-driven missions written exclusively from the Romulan Republic’s point of view.
- Romulan captains take command of mighty Warbird Class starships. Push the engines to the limit and unleash the new and devastating powers of the Singularity Core.
- Create your first character as a member of the Federation, Klingon Empire, or Romulan Republic and level your captain from 1 to 50.
- Denise Crosby returns to reprise her role as Empress Sela. Play a game of political cat-and-mouse as you delve deeper into the intrigue surrounding the destruction of Romulus.
- Uncover the horrifying truth behind a mysterious new enemy that seeks to terrorize the Beta Quadrant and exterminate your people.
- Join the fight against the Tholians in this new Reputation and unlock exclusive rewards and benefits for maximum level captains.
- Customize and rearrange your existing traits. Unlock new advanced traits and abilities, further specializing your captain and crew.
- Choose the HUD color palate that works for you. Experience new and improve UI screens with easier to read options and enhanced interactions.
Jupiter Force is the second fleet in Star Trek Online to reach Tier 5.
I am so getting this ship…
This Thursday, February 14th, the Yamaguchi will become available to Fleets that have acquired a Tier 3 Shipyard, and will cost 20,000 Fleet Credits and five (5) Fleet Modules to obtain.
Fleet Support Cruiser Retrofit
The Yamaguchi variant of the Ambassador Class Cruiser has been specifically designed to support your Fleet. Fleet Starships are built to the highest standard and have increased Hull Hit Points, Shield Strength and an additional Console slot. In comparison to its non-Fleet counterpart, it boasts a Lieutenant Universal station, in lieu of a Lieutenant Engineering station, and an additional Science Console slot.
In addition to these stat upgrades, the Fleet version of the Support Cruiser Retrofit will come default with a Yamaguchi configuration variant (in addition to being able to use the Ambassador design configuration), as well as a unique Fleet Material.
- Faction: Federation
- Rank Required: Vice Admiral
- Availability: Fleet Shipyard
- Hull Strength: 43,450
- Shield Modifier: 1.1
- Crew: 700
- Weapons: 4 Fore, 4 Aft
- Device Slots: 4
- Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Lieutenant Tactical, 1 Ensign Tactical, 1 Commander Engineering, 1 Lieutenant Commander Science, 1 Lieutenant Universal
- Console Modifications: 3 Tactical, 4 Engineering, 3 Science
- Base Turn Rate: 7 degrees per second
- Impulse Modifier: 0.15
- +5 to All Subsystem Power
“Starfleet Command has been getting reports about a strange temporal anomaly in the Azure Nebula. Early intelligence has linked this anomaly with Tholian experiments that are using the nebula’s unique properties to gain access to the past. Such a conclusion has been supported by stray subspace signals being intercepted from the area with Starfleet transponder codes dating back to the mid-24th century.
Level 6 Federation Lieutenants can speak with Engineer Kani on Earth Spacedock for the latest information about this situation, and to learn what can be done to help. Those who complete the mission will earn a Support Cruiser Starship – Ambassador Class (Tier 3), as well as a Support Cruiser Retrofit Starship – Ambassador Class (Tier 5) – this Retrofit can only be earned by completing the mission during the three-year anniversary event, and the box that it is contained in can only be opened once a player reaches Rear Admiral rank. Ship stats will be posted in an upcoming Dev Blog.”
Blog Entry HERE.